Celebrating St. Patrick’s Day?
Are you making plans for St. Patrick’s Day? We have put together some tips for you all to celebrate a fun and safe St. Patrick’s Day.
1. Get festive! 🍀
Be creative and bring a fun atmosphere into your home or residence room. The simple combination of food, music and a little-bit-of-everything green can help you feel festive and a part of the celebration, while being safe.
2. Stay motivated! 🍀
You can still have fun even if you are planning a sober celebration or just a celebration safely at home. There are many non-alcoholic options that you can prepare for your party and guests.
Items such as ginger ale, soda water with lime, alcohol-free beers and wines, and herbal tea are relatively available at any grocery store and will allow you the freedom to be creative. 👍
3. Relying on the ‘Luck of the Irish’?! 🍀
Drinking and driving, biking, snowboarding, etc. is not something you want to leave to luck. #donttestyourluck
If you are a novice driver or under 22 years, Ontario has a ZERO TOLERANCE rule for alcohol or drugs in your system. Always have a Plan, even if you are just grabbing takeout.
- Eat before and while you are drinking
- Pour and count your own drinks and avoid top-ups
- Alternate with water in between each alcoholic drink
- Always have a designated driver (DD) or consider taking a cab, Uber, etc.
- Avoid sharing cups or joints – just do you!
- Limit yourself to one standard drink per hour, give your body the ability to process the alcohol.
Dont’ get #shamrocked this St. Patrick’s Day
DID YOU KNOW?
The NEW Canada’s Low-Risk Drinking Guidelines suggested that consuming more than 2 standard drinks per occasion is associated with an increased risk of harm to self and others, including injuries and violence. LEARN MORE.