We asked the experts and they said “Yep! It sure does!”
The thing is, you might not notice the changes or feel anything when you are drinking, but alcohol is influencing your body, and here’s what it is doing:
- Reducing your ability to judge speed and distance
- Decreasing your ability to concentrate
- Creating a false sense of confidence
- Impairing your vision
- Increasing the tendency to take risks
- Slowing your reaction time and co-ordination ability
And just because you’ve slept, doesn’t mean you’re sober the next morning.
Everyone processes alcohol differently, but on average, your body needs about 60-90 minutes to process the alcohol contained in one standard drink.
So, if you’re going to drink, the best option is to plan for safe transportation (morning and night). Arrange a ride, stay overnight, take a bus, or call a cab/ride-share.