Drink protection strategies allow for you and your friends to enjoy your night out without experiencing the life changing impacts of odourless and tasteless unintentional drug intake.
If your drink is drugged the impact will take place within 10-15 minutes of ingestion but have effects lasting for hours. Leaving your drink unattended or unwatched for a few seconds can leave you vulnerable to being victimized.
SYMPTOMS CAN INCLUDE:
- Loss of memory up to 24 hours
- Slurred speech
Large ingestions can lead to a coma or death.
Never leave your drink unattended
Communicate with friends to ensure that you are looking out for each other
Keep an eye out for anyone who seems to be lingering around you or your friends for no apparent reason
Don’t allow any of your friends or yourself to be led away from the group by an unfamiliar or suspicious individual
If you or your friends even remotely suspects that someone has been drugged seek support by calling 911 or immediately go to the emergency room.